Douglas L. Giles, DC
CEO/Clinic Director of Grand Oak Healthcare
Dr. Giles is originally from Richmond, Va and moved to the Athens area as a young child. He has called Athens home ever since. Since earning his DC degree in 2002, he has been the owner and director of Stewart Clinic Chiropractic Group. In 2020, a major addition to the practice prompted Dr. Giles to change the name of SCCG to Grand Oak Healthcare. Grand Oak Healthcare now focuses both on the effective, evidence-based spinal care that the people of Athens have come to love and Occupational Medicine.
Dr. Giles is an avid private pilot, divemaster, outdoorsman and struggling golfer. He focuses his life around service, fitness and his family. Dr. Giles and his wife, Elyse have three grown children, Megan, Douglas and Madelyn. All three children at some point worked in the clinic assisting with daily operations.
- Pre Medical Education University of Georgia Athens, Ga.
- Business Major Life University Marietta, Ga. –
- B.S. in Biology Medical Education 1999-2002 Life University Marietta, Ga.
- Doctor of Chiropractic 2002 Parts I-IV National Board Chiropractic Board of Examiners
- The Academy of Georgia Chiropractors, 2020, Founding Partner
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiner, 2015-Current Chiropractor of the Year 2013, Georgia
- Chiropractic Association Georgia Chiropractic Association, President 2013 Georgia Chiropractic
- Association PAC, Chairman of the Board 2012
- Georgia Chiropractic Association Board, 2010-2014 American Chiropractic Association, Member
- International College of Chiropractors, 2020, Fellow
Alex Morgan, D.C.
Dr. Morgan is originally from Coral Springs in South Florida. He attended the University of Central Florida then Florida Atlantic University to graduate with his Bachelors of Exercise Science in 2010. He made his way to Tampa Bay in 2011 to attend the Chiropractic Physician program at National University of Health Sciences. The decision to attend National University was due to their strong emphasis on evidence and science based Chiropractic education. Upon graduation Dr. Morgan has worked in various clinical settings with injury and rehab focus integrated with other medical professions. He makes a point to maintain his own strides living a healthy lifestyle therefore allowing him to practice what he preaches. Learning new techniques, skills, and exercises is important to him as he is an advocate for advancing the profession of Chiropractic.
Dr. Morgan enjoys his time outside the office spent with his wife Sorina and two young boys Jack and Levi. He is into fitness training, cooking and food in general, sports, outdoor activities and working on his golf game. Recently the Morgan’s relocated to Athens to be closer to family and to seek new beginnings knowing Athens and the surrounding area is a great place to raise kids.
Pre Medical Education- 2010 Florida Atlantic University - Exercise Science
Medical Education- 2014 National University of Health Sciences - St. Petersburg, FL
Internship- 2014 National University Whole Health Clinic - St. Petersburg, FL
2013 Parts I-IV National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
2013 120hr. Physiotherapeutics