Grand Oak Healthcare: Occupational Medicine and So Much More
Helping you keep your workforce healthy and productive.
Occupational Medicine is a branch of the healthcare system that focuses on health within the workplace. The goal is to prevent diseases and injuries, thereby keeping your employees healthy while ensuring the productivity of your business.
Grand Oak Healthcare provides a variety of services under the umbrella of Occupational Medicine, all of which will benefit you, your team, and your bottom line.
Occupational Medicine and DOT Physical Exams
The two goals of Occupational Medicine are:
- Disease and injury prevention
- Management of illness and injuries in the workplace
To help you reduce the risk of injury at work, Grand Oak Healthcare provides DOT physical exams. A DOT exam accesses the health of potential and existing employees who want to operate commercial vehicles. DOT physical exams test the physical, mental, and emotional health of the employee. The results will show whether they can safely operate the vehicle without putting themselves or others at risk of serious injury.
Why Invest in Workplace Drug Screens in Athens?
An important part of keeping your workplace safe for your employees and customers is to ensure that everyone on the premises is sober. Working under the influence of drugs or alcohol can impair judgment and motor function.
Ten Reasons to Implement Workplace Drug Screens
- Improves or maintains your image/reputation
- Provides a safe work environment
- Helps you comply with state and federal regulations
- Reduces healthcare costs
- Improves the morale of your company
- Enhances productivity
- Deters drug use by employees
- Protects not just employees and customers, but also the general public
- Prevents you from hiring employees with a drug habit
- Helps you educate employees on workplace safety and the dangers of drug use
When should you perform drug screenings?
- Before hiring someone
- You have reasonable suspicion that someone is under the influence
- Whenever you want (random tests)
- After a workplace accident
Drug screenings can include breath alcohol levels and DNA testing.
Reasons to Keep Your Workforce Safe and Healthy
Ensuring that your employees are happy, safe, and healthy is vital to your business.
When employees are healthy, they perform better. Plus, you don’t have to worry about how you’re going to make up for lost production.
If your employees know that you have their back, that you want them to stay healthy and strong, it builds a sense of loyalty, respect, and gratitude. Not only do they want to work for you – they want to work hard for you. They want to see you and your company succeed.
Investing in Occupational Medicine services will only benefit you. When you’re ready to perform DOT physical exams, drug screens, or need other healthcare services, contact Dr. Douglas L. Giles and his team.
Would you like to know more about how our team can help you and your employees? Contact us today at 706-543-2584. We’re happy to answer all of your questions.